Owned by Charles Bell, All-Fair Broadcasting signed on the air in Allendale County for the first time on January 1, 1966. The Big Dog Signed on with 1000 watts of power on the AM dial at 1460. The Big Dog signed on the air with a format of Country Music. The Big Dog has specialized in country music every since that Day, January 1, 1966.
In 1982 after the death of owner Charles Bell, Good Radio Broadcasting Corporation purchased the AM Station from the estate of Mr. Bell. Carl and Lisa Gooding owners of Good Radio, applied for an FM broadcasting license in later 1982. Early in 1983 WDOG built its current studios located 1.6 miles north west of Allendale South Carolina on the Augusta Highway. The AM and new WYXZ fm went on the air late in 1983. The FM station, WYXZ originally went on the air with 3000 watts of power. Not long after WYXZ went on the air, the folks at Good Radio realized that no matter what you called the FM, it would always be "The Big Dog". So later in the 1980's WYXZ fm changed its
call letters to WDOG fm. In the early 1990's, WDOG fm increased its power to the current 6000 watts.
WDOG has transformed from a small 1000 watt local station to the Tri County areas favorite radio station. WDOG has received numerous awards for community service and listener appreciation. WDOG has been voted Barnwell County's favorite radio station four years in a row. Since its inception in 1996, readers of the Barnwell People Sentinel have voted WDOG as Barnwell County's favorite radio station. WDOG is the only locally owned and operated radio station in the Allendale/ Barnwell County area. WDOG is still owned by Carl & Lisa Gooding, Good Radio Broadcasting Corp.